When do I need a dental filling?
For a small-to-medium cavity the dentist may recommend a dental filling. This procedure is a wonderful way to preserve your living tooth structure while removing decay. The purpose is to remove the decayed area, clean it, and fill the space with composite which is a tooth-colored filling material made of resin reinforced with silica or porcelain particles thus returning the tooth to its normal shape and function. You can expect a dental filling procedure to include these four common steps.
- Topical freezing to numb the area
- Decay removal from the affected teeth
- Tooth restoration using a single or combination of materials for the filling
- Bite check
At Monterey Dental our dentists use Grandio Flow composite and the benefits of this type of filling is:
- Optimal flowability
- High filler degree of 80.2% w/w
- Exact shade match to Grandio
- Excellent wetting properties
- Micro hybrid composite like physical properties
- Significantly lower polymerization shrinkage than conventional flowable
- Particularly good abrasion resistance
- High transverse strength
- Can be used with all conventional bonding agents
Call Monterey Dental today at (403) 293‑7818, we look forward to seeing your beautiful smile.