If you are seeking partial dentures for yourself or for a family member, the dental team at Monterey Dental Centre in NE Calgary are here to make the process as easy as possible.
At Monterey Dental Centre, we have a certified denturist who provides superior solutions for patients with missing teeth. We offer traditional, immediate, and partial dentures, as well as denture relines.
The Monterey Dental Centre team also works alongside our denturist to create implant supported dentures (this includes the use of titanium implants secured into the jawbone to create denture stability and restore chewing function, similar to that of natural teeth). Our denturist provides efficient, gentle, and quality service; call our office today to schedule an appointment.
If you have one or more of your own natural teeth remaining, then a removable partial denture can be considered. A partial denture replacement is made up of a gum coloured plastic base connected to a metal framework. This framework clips onto the remaining natural teeth to hold the denture in place in the mouth.
In some cases, a fixed bridge, also known as a fixed partial denture, can also be considered as a treatment option when adjacent natural teeth are there to support the bridge. A dental “bridge” is considered permanent because it is cemented into place and is not removable. The advantage of the fixed partial denture is that it stays securely in place.
Some Reasons For Having A Partial Denture Made.
- Replace missing teeth
- Improve ability to chew more naturally
- Chew food with confidence
- Make it possible to eat certain favorite foods
- Maintain a healthier and socially acceptable mouth
- Aids in the preservation of remaining natural teeth
- Help prevent or treat problems of the TMJ (the jaw joint)
- Often improve speech
- Helps develop a more pleasing and confident smile
- Support the face – – often with a more youthful appearance
- Enhance self-esteem
- An economical way to replace missing teeth
- Many times an additional tooth may be added to an existing partial denture if a natural tooth is lost
- In most cases crowning teeth is not necessary to fit a partial denture
- Partial dentures are usually easy to repair if they are broken
Are there any Alternatives to Dentures?
Yes, there are alternatives to dentures! Dental implants can now be used to support permanently cemented bridges, thereby eliminating the need for a denture. In the case of a poor fitting full denture, dental implants can also be used to create better support for the denture.
Please be aware that the cost of implant supported bridges and implant supported dentures is greater than that for standard dentures, but there is an added benefit in that the implant supported solutions feel more natural, are stronger and more stable and will help maintain your jaw bone over time.
Unfortunately, not everyone is a good candidate for an implant supported bridge or implant supported denture. If you would like to explore the potential for implant supported denture solutions, we would be happy to discuss this with you during your denture consultation.
We invite you to book an appointment at Monterey Dental Centre today. Our team of dental professionals looks forward to the opportunity to meet all of your denture needs.